Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Tattoo Tuesdays: Where do you wear your heart?


I imagine I am not the only person in the world who wears their emotions on their sleeve . . . or better yet, a giant flag waving in the wind proclaiming to all how I feel, etc. This can be annoying, frustrating, and so many levels of 'vulnerable yuck'. I'm still a private person a good deal of the time. I can't help thinking, though, that at times it would be nice to wear the emotions at the right time, for the right person, in an open 'free the bird from the cage' way. Let your words be silent and the emotions speak for themselves. Life just isn't that easy and we get to live the adventure of voicing these precious feelings for good or bad.


Pinterest find for today. The detail is subtle, but enough that I stare at it wondering if I have an innate attraction to veins and the blood that gives our hearts true life (i.e. not our emotions). Oh wait . . . I do. Biology, Science, Health class . . . never my favorite subjects, but this tattoo is just (sigh) the right fit. I much prefer this style of heart for a tattoo than a Valentine's heart.


Other Features for today:


Goldfish will always be synonymous with childhood for me. All things aquatic
usually share a place of high regard in my life anyways . . . you know this.


Tattoo Menu: Yes, I would like one please. Does it come with the guy? (insert grin)
Tattoo by: Rosana ‘Derma Donna’ at Dermadonna Custom Tattoo in Amsterdam, NL
Found via: Pinterest and TattooSnob

Point me in the right direction . . . please.

I don't want to be at the mercy of my emotions.
I want to use them, to enjoy them, and to dominate them.

~ Oscar Wilde

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...