Monday, July 16, 2012

Mundane Mondays: Will Work For Stamina


Does stamina, or motivation for that matter, come in liquid form? Oh I know . . . caffeine. Yeah I could use some of that too. The morning has gone fast, but I feel physically like I'm creeping along at a snail's pace. Thus I'm a bit cranky. Mr. Skip* had a seizure at 12:30 this morning and like a good owner I held him so he didn't flail about and hurt himself. Where is the caffeine?!? I'm in danger of turning into a zombie sooner than I expected.

Okay. Enough, my little whine session is over.

I have news and things to share with you!

First

I opened my Etsy shop Saturday night! Check it out here. My shop name, RapaciousCurls, pays homage to the fact I have extremely curly hair. The 'rapacious'? Well that's because it is one of my favorite words and sounds as though a well educated surfer just walked in, "That's totally rapacious!"

The shop features my photography postcards right now, but I'm hopeful to add more as time goes on. I would love to get feedback or suggestions from you. I've sold stuff (books) on Etsy via the bookstore's shop, but never my own creations.

Second

If you missed the blog post Saturday, I know I don't normally post on Saturdays, then check it out! I am part of the 2012 Reading Road-Trip. My state is of course Indiana and I'm giving away 4 great books. Although it seems the most popular are the 2 YA books. Folks at least give Gene Stratton-Porter's book a chance! (insert smile)

Reading Road-Trip: Indiana

Be sure to check out other blogs participating in the Reading Road-Trip, you need to travel the country, right!?!

Third

I'm headed to Las Vegas on Thursday! This will be my first time and I'm excited. Of course my first question was "Do they have any good bookstores?" It is a business trip, though, so I'm not sure how much time there will be for fun things. I may (clearing throat) or may not be gambling . . . only a little, if I do at all.

And last for today . . .

A few things you should checkout, if you haven't already.

  • Book Riot's Edd McCracken's list of Sixteen MORE Things Calvin and Hobbes Said Better Than Anyone Else Which will be sure to make you laugh. What is better than a good laugh on a Monday?
  • I know I've suggested in the past to have a listen to Walk the Moon's music. I just finished listening to their entire album on Spotify and I will be purchasing it. Anna Sun was already a favorite, but I also like Shiver Shiver.
  • Be sure to check out this week's Tattoo Tuesday and send me suggestions. I'm also looking for new banner art. If you are new to my blog you can view past Tattoo Tuesday's posts here.
  • Last. If I have a chance I'm hopeful to post my review for Jennifer Donnelly's Revolution later this week; which is my second FFNR book from Anna. I'm way behind . . .

What I'm reading . . .
Too much (insert smile)

Real:
-Ascendant by Diana Peterfreund
-The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins 
(I read this a long time ago, but I'm now reading it aloud to my mum.)
-Great Philosophers Who Failed at Love by Andrew Shaffer

eBook:
-A Hidden Fire by Elizabeth Hunter
-Fortune's Rising (Outer Bounds) by Sara King



"I have sometimes dreamt that when the Day of Judgment dawns--the Almighty will turn to Peter and will say when he sees us coming with our books under our arms, 'Look, these need no reward. We have nothing to give them here. They have loved reading.'"
~Virginia Woolf


*My Boston Terrier

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...