Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: A Corner of White by Jaclyn Moriarty

"Waiting On" Wednesday spotlights upcoming releases that everyone's excited about (created by Jill at Breaking The Spine.)


WoW: A Corner of White (The Colors of Madeleine #1) by Jaclyn Moriarty

Scheduled to be released: September 18, 2012

Why I'm waiting: 
Hello! It's Jaclyn Moriarty and her main character has my name. Well almost, slightly different spelling, hers is more French.

On a serious note; I still remember my first encounter with Ms. Moriarty. Is she related to that Moriarty? Okay sorry I couldn't resist, but you can't tell me you were not thinking the same thing. 
 
My sister had recently checked out The Year of Secret Assignments from our local library and devoured it. I would hear her reading it and she would constantly be laughing. I thought, "I have to read this book, if it makes her laugh so much." I did and it was even better than I could have expected.

My sister and I frequently recommend The Year of Secret Assignments to our friends and customers. What is better than Australian YA immersed in humor?

I'm excited to read this because it is Fantasy and I've wanted something new from Ms. Moriarty. Also you know me...I'm all about covers and shout outs. Look who gave her a shout out (she didn't need it for me)!

Book Synopsis:

Synopisis from Goodreads:
Madeleine Tully lives in Cambridge, England, the World – a city of spires, Isaac Newton and Auntie’s Tea Shop.

Elliot Baranski lives in Bonfire, the Farms, the Kingdom of Cello – where seasons roam, the Butterfly Child sleeps in a glass jar, and bells warn of attacks from dangerous Colours.

They are worlds apart – until a crack opens up between them; a corner of white – the slim seam of a letter.

A mesmerising story of two worlds; the cracks between them, the science that binds them and the colours that infuse them.

Be sure to add A Corner of White to your Goodreads!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...