Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Tattoo Tuesdays: Why don't we fall in love?


Why don't we? Why didn't we? Why haven't you? If only those questions had quick and easy answers. Do we really want easy to become a way of life, though? I'm not saying we want things chaotic and crazy, but ease breeds a certain attitude that some find annoying, if not disheartening.

It's easy to love; it's hard to love no matter the outcome. It's effortless, almost life giving, to insert that love into daily routines, but in the end it is exhausting. Love is a many minded, bipolar, superstitious monster. We love and we hate this monster; I do anyways.

Are we seeing the setup theme for today's tattoos yet?
Tattoo found on Jessica Anne Dobson's website
Dream Develop Design
Don't we implore those we love to not give up and even at times a pleading of self, "Do NOT go gentle into that good night?"

The typography is what makes this tattoo. I think word tattoos are some of my favorites out there. However, it is difficult when looking at a quote, poem or what have you to envision the "perfect" structure the font could take on your flesh. Bold, big and of course the fonts make this a great poem tattoo.

For fear that my moody, sentimental side is breaking loose in my writing . . . it is collage time! Instead of focusing on individual tattoos for the rest of this post and going on verbosely about love, you will see below a collage of findings for today. Enjoy!

“If you do not breathe through writing, if you do not cry out in writing, or sing in writing, then don't write, because our culture has no use for it.”  
~Anaïs Nin


Sunrise Tattoo
To Write Love On Her Arms
Hang Loose Tattoo



Blog title tribute to:

1 comment:

  1. I just wanted to let you know Deven gave me your blog when I was begging for some to enjoy at work. I've been scrambling through it, and enjoy it greatly. :) I've bookmarked a few of the book suggestions to devour come payday. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...