Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas (My Christmas Letter)

The Front of my Christmas Card

Dear Friends,

I can't believe that it is Christmas and soon to be New Years! It seems like I was just making my New Year's resolution list and putting lots of pleases, hopes, and prayers into what this year could bring. I'd like to say I got them all accomplished and then some, but well I won't tell if you won't.

If there is one thing I've learned this year it is boy howdy am I am stubborn person. It has been a rough year, emotionally, spiritually, "relationally", you name it. I read a verse the other day that made me scratch my head and think "Gee God, I think I'm as gold as I'm going to get." In 1 Peter it says "In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that your faith--of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire--may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed." As my dad reminded me, and now that I think of it more I'm truly grateful for this, He is never finished refining me. Of course maybe it would be nice if He didn't polish so hard. :)

This year my mum watched in horror (ha ha!) as I purchased my first of several (I'm addicted, shhh don't tell) pairs of skinny jeans. Added to my growing taste for music, I can't stop listening to screamo or there are other names for it, but most commonly in my house that scary stuff Maddie listens to (shout out to the guys who introduced me to it :)!) In March I traveled to Long Beach for my fifth year!

I watched as my baby sister, Elyza, turned 21. Hello drinking buddy! Don't tell my mum I said that. A. David turned 20 and baby Reece 18. Man I'm feeling old. . . I turned 23, blah, but hey another year wiser. Don't worry if you question that, I do too. I still live at home (if you thought that had changed) and these 3 are some of my favorite people. Between making me laugh with their quick wit and sarcasm and playing SingStar, we are the karaoke champs; it is never a dull moment.

I took horseback riding lessons during the summer and hope to continue next year. Knitting became a thorn in my side. I always seem to take on the hardest projects. Hopefully with snow coming (I'm praying for it, are you?), I can have a chance to indulge in some winter activities as well.

2012 may be considered the year the world ends, but I'm hoping it is a big year for me. Win the lottery. Marry prince charming. Vacation in the Bahamas. Yes big year, indeed. On a serious note, I'm looking forward to what the Lord has in store, crossing my fingers for some growth, adventure, and joy.

Happy Birthday Jesus! Merry Christmas!


2011 Favorites:
Movie: Drive
Book: Blackveil by Kristen Britain
Scripture: 1 Corinthians 13:6-8
Song: Blame it on the Rain by He is We
Screamo: Safe to Say by Vanna
Documentary: The Art of Flight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...