Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Tattoo Tuesdays: Don't Give In


“Don't give in to your fears. If you do, you won't be able to talk to your heart.”
~Paulo Coelho
 
 
I'm sure I've written about fear here on my blog before. As I was contemplating the direction of today's post I let my emotions play the part of compass. I have heard it said and even told myself that fear is a good motivator, but I find more often than not, fear is a prison. It is the hitch in your chest as a thought causes your next breath to stop midway on its escape. It is the excuse to stay put where you are, even though you want to jump over that hurdle and blast it to kingdom come while you’re at it. Fear is a poison that can and will continue to corrupt, if you allow it. I know because frequently I allow fear to 'motivate' me into inaction.
 
 
Thanks to Jeff Vinson for posting this tattoo on his Google+. Hopefully he doesn't
mind me featuring it on today's Tattoo Tuesday.
 
I have no easy answer for you. If I did I would follow the advice myself. Heck I'd bottle and sell it if I did! Some of you might not like me spouting scripture and band-aid like platitudes, but I have an answer nonetheless; one I even struggle to apply to my own life. Trust. It's not a four letter word, but it is just as hard to swallow. I feel like a hypocrite writing this because I can't follow this at times, but trust; trust that the Lord can and will get you through these times of fear. As the tattoo simply states: Fear IS a LIAR.
 
Quote this to yourself:
 
Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things.
~Philippians 4:8
 
I can't see fear falling into any of those categories, can you?
 
 
Other Features for today:
 


heart tattoo
Tattoo and Photo credit goes to Deanna Wardin on Flickr here.
I want to destroy something beautiful. ~Fight Club
 
Awesome detail (clean and simple), typography and a heart, what more could I ask for? I like the flying paper planes too. (insert smile)
 
 
 
Cut me lose and let me live . . . no strings attached please!
 
 
 
She is a rare breed, matter fact,
she's an endangered species.
her heart’s been broken and just
like mine it remains in pieces.
But every time we’re near each
other smile is all we can do,
Our shattered souls intertwine,
I know I’ve felt the same agonizing
pain that she’s been through.
I find comfort in her grasp
so I reach out with both arms…
 
 
If you can tell me where this poem originated (you must back it up with sources folks) I will kiss you! Okay I will not kiss you, but you will get a prize of some sort. (insert smile)
 
I like the tattoo because of the poem, but I'm not sure I like the placement. I realize you are limited when the poem or words are this long. However, I couldn't walk around with a backless shirt all the time (or ever really) and how else are people going to see my tattoo?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...