Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Tattoo Tuesdays: I'm Not A Reject


Pirates are in my blood. I'm fully convinced that in one of my past lives I was a hellion of the sea. The movies, books, sea worthy tokens, symbols, etc., you name it I'm gonna plunder the heart out of everything pirates. Who doesn't want to be a pirate and what girl doesn't dream of a pirate sweeping her off her feet? Pirates are the ultimate badass bad 'boys'.

This may come as no surprise to you, as in the past I have featured numerous tattoos with a nautical flavor, but The Goonies was (and is) one of my favorite films growing up. My cousins, siblings, and I could quote the movie in its entirety; we watched it so many times. I'm a certified Goonie with my very own "Goonies Never Say Die" t-shirt even. It is a club we all want to be a part of after all. The Goonies are all about adventure, trouble, heroics, booty, and always up for a laugh. What pirate wouldn't be proud to call a Goonie one of their own?!?


Goonies live by it and this tattoo pays awesome tribute to it, "Goonies Never Say Die!" I love the shading and colors of this tattoo. The skull is perfect with a gold-ish tone (very pirate) and the lettering of course is stunning. I especially like how the lettering is not constrained to the banner and it spills over onto the other parts of the tattoo. I wish I knew the artist.

Do you have a favorite Goonies quote?

Mouth: Mikey! Come here and make me feel like a woman. Come on, give me a nice, wet, lickery kiss.


Other Features for today:


Let's be matches! I'm a sucker for matching tattoos. It is extremely sweet, romantic, and these matching tattoos speak to me of a declaration "Be my Anchor!"

Sink or Swim tattoo by Deanna Wardin
This tattoo has a very watercolor, simple clipart feel to it, but I like that, it is not a bad thing. I like the simplicity and the color of the water is anything but boring. Deanna Wardin is a tattoo artist at Tattoo Boogaloo in San Fransico, CA. I follow her on Flickr and love her inking.

 
Anchor me up! Hello! It is an anchor . . . plain and simple.

 
“To the Hesitating Purchaser:
"If sailor tales to sailor tunes,
 Storm and adventure, heat and cold,
If schooners, islands, and maroons
 And Buccaneers and buried Gold
And all the old romance, retold,
 Exactly in the ancient way,
Can please, as me they pleased of old,
 The wiser youngsters of to-day:
-So be it, and fall on! If not,
 If studious youth no longer crave,
His ancient appetites forgot,
 Kingston, or Ballantyne the brave,
Or Cooper of the wood and wave:
 So be it, also! And may I
And all my pirates share the grave,
 Where these and their creations lie!”
~Robert Louis Stevenson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...