Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Tattoo Tuesdays: It's a Jamboree!


I suppose the only real celebration to be had is that...I'm back! Tattoo Tuesdays is one of my favorite posts and you know something else, it is my mum's favorite too. I mention that because it is funny to me. She is strongly against tattoos, especially with my considerations for getting one, but loves to hear what I have to say about the various tattoos I come across. Maybe we should have an interview with mum sometime, to get to the bottom of this phenomenon.

Here's a time where I wish I could give my shyness a nice beating. This past week I was in Chicago for a business trip. I of course visited a local Barnes & Noble (in the Schaumburg area). The gal that rang up my purchases had a tattoo, but not just any tattoo. A bookish tattoo! An awesome bookish tattoo!!!  Curses! Why couldn't I find the courage to ask her for a picture? 'Barnes & Noble cool tattoo cashier' if you read this, please send me a picture (insert pleading smile).

Are any of you familiar with Macaulay Culkin's smash hit (in my opinion) The Pagemaster? For shame, if you answered no or looked at me with that deer in the headlights look, as one of my friends did.

Richard (Culkin) is a cowardly boy, in what starts out as a live action film. He quickly finds himself turned animated illustration in a world of BOOKS! His fellow cartoon friends happen to be books each representing a different classic genre. There is Adventure, resembling a pirate and voiced by Patrick Stewart. Then there is Fantasy dressed to impress fairy style and voiced by Whoopi Goldberg. The more cowardly and sad, Horror, than as his name would suggest, is voiced by Frank Welker.


I used to watch this film over and over again as a kid. I think it is time to find it and watch it again!

The tattoo featured each of the books and spanned the entire length of her left arm. Half of the tattoo was in color, while the other half was only in the outline stage. She was headed back to the shop the next day for another 8 to 9 hours in the chair! At least I had the courage to talk to her about the tattoo. She told me her other arm would be next with an Alice in Wonderland, Tim Burton style, tattoo. Again if you find this post...please send pictures. :)

Also, because this post wouldn't be complete without some actual inkings...here are some recent favorites worth seeing.




Click the picture for a cool backgroud story about this tattoo.


Advertising is the ability to sense, interpret... to put the very heart
throbs of a business into type, paper and ink.

~Leo Burnett

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...