Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: Steampunk Mary Shelley's Frankenstein

 "Waiting On" Wednesday spotlights upcoming releases that everyone's excited about (created by Jill at Breaking The Spine.)






WoW:
Steampunk: Mary Shelley's Frankenstein

Scheduled to be released:
May 8, 2012

Why I'm waiting:
Hello! Cover lust anyone?!?

Seriously, though, I came across this in my research for my Steampunk article, that is to be featured in the next bookstore newsletter, and suddenly I had the urge to read Frankenstein. I had seen the Steampunk Poe book on one of my book buying excursions and nearly purchased it. Now I see I will have to buy both! I just want to reach out and touch the cover.

Book Synopsis:

Everyone is familiar with Mary Shelley’s classic novel, but no one has read it like this! Frankenstein is the long celebrated gothic tale of a science experiment gone awry. But in this brand-new edition, Shelley's haunting horror story is transformed with the addition of steampunk-inspired art by Manuel Sumberac.

1 comment:

  1. That is quite the cover! I'm not sure if I like it or not...I'm always up for some steampunk remakes though!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...