Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Tattoo Tuesdays: Pristine, Patient, Presentable...try Pivotal



If there is one thing in my life that I can fondly refer to as "the bane of my existence", it would be honesty. I ponder honesty. I crave honesty. I feel honesty string the fissures of my chest to tighten to a degree of pain. I wave a blazing flag of honesty, it call also garner the name "well intentions". I run from honesty. I run to honesty. It is a maddening tug of war with myself and those around me. I could, and perhaps at times I do, easily stand on my soapbox bemoaning the lack of honest people. The lack of a people, in turn, willing to receive with open arms an honest to the core human being.

I have no happy potion for you to mix up in the back yard under the full moon or lay out a sacrificial offering while prancing around a blazing fire. Sacrificing is frowned upon in most societies (insert wink). There is no quick or easy fix, nor a plausibility that you or I can fix the dishonesty or the lack of acceptance found in others. I can rarely fathom how to fix the fear of honesty in my own flesh.

I am by no means a liar, but upon reflection, and entirely too many pity party episodes, I have come to  realize the very thing I long for in others I can none so easily bring to the surface in myself. Honesty in the sense of embracing the person that God has made me to be while on this earth. It can be tiring and discouraging to live in the shadow of others expectations for your life or what is considered the norm. Setting out on the path less travelled by was never quoted to be the bright, hopeful, easy path. No. The path is fruited with trials and tribulations, such things are meant to cause a growth in you that is unmatched to any other growth found on earth. Ugh. Sounds painful, right?

I recently told a friend, "I want to be like Jesus. I want to love the gamblers and tax collectors. I want to each my lunch with the prostitutes. Christians are (insert growl of frustration)...!" I have not met many people who love and offer a genuine friendship without the charade of assumed honesty. Those I have had the pleasure of befriending of this small group are refreshing and I find myself spouting things I never dreamed in a million years of telling someone. When you can banish the fear of honesty, I believe you will find a quiet small heaven on earth. The trick is getting over the assumed position of defense and that everyone is not to be trusted, not worth your time, and that all consuming fear that chants in your inner soul "Loose lips sink ships and isn't your ship...worth saving." Perhaps you need to sink a few ships along the way to attain that pivotal level of relationship with another person, but might it be...worth it in the end?

Two Times Honest Tuesday

1. I have allowed numerous fears to keep me from writing on my blog, for my book, and for my own pleasure. It has been crippling to many facets of my life lately.

2. I am not as strong as I may let on at times. Weakness, in my mind, is unacceptable and not a trait I know how to wear well nor do I want to. Anyone know a good weakness flogger? (insert wink)


If you have wondered how this honest post will tie in with a 'good' tattoo post, you need not worry that you are alone! I have pondered that while writing this post as well. It is coming from many experiences as of late and the notion that you should love those comfortable enough to be honest with you. Perhaps that honesty comes out in the form of tattoos? Those to whom have attained the ability to speak the truth no matter what, no matter the adversity they may face. I know you can take my words, and some will most assuredly do so, and twist them as you see fit to mean many things, but I only chance to point out the ability in all of us to love. Love honesty. Love those who need love because others we see fit to tell them they are this or that. Love the ones that "need fixed". Love a person's genuineness as it is rare indeed. Let God "fix" or figure out the rest. You are after all His servant. (insert smile)


Today's Features:

The placement is debatable, but I am fond of the font. The true (see what I did there) draw for me is the shading/coloring. Reminds of the sea.
 
 
Life is a wave. (insert wink) Simple. I am always a fan of simple.
 
 
Placement. (check) Color I don't mind. (check) Watercolor technique that looks like the artist used a paintbrush to do your tattoo...I'm a fan! Let life paint you with its many colors!
 
 
I don't like the placement. I do like arrow tattoos and this may end up on my flesh someday (insert wink). Why I will get an arrow tattoo someday:
 
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. When life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means it's going to launch you into something great. So just focus, and keep aiming.
 
 
 
"You have witchcraft in your lips."
~William Shakespeare, Henry V
 
 
 
Find me on Pinterest
 
http://www.pinterest.com/litdrivengirl/sink-me-in-ink/
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I am not a mentally unstable person, but I dont like tatoos, they do look cool, but they are so painful, and you can not donate blood, no one dreams of giving blood, but someday you might have to.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...