Wednesday, February 3, 2010

“It is completely unimportant. That is why it is so interesting!” ~ Agatha Christie

(I wrote this 02, February, but silly me I forgot my notebook and couldn't type it at work during my lunch hour. You're getting it a day late. . . sorry.)

I sometimes come to the notebook ready to produce masterpiece worthy posts (a good chuckle from that right?). Then there are the times, when I haven't the slightest notion of what might erupt from my aroma pleasing pencil (I love the smell of sharpened pencils!). It just so happens today is the latter. Whose to say this post won't be entitled Random, Untitled, or Nonsense?
Today marked several things:

- Day 33 of my 365 Letters Project - Oh my gosh, what did I sign myself up for!?
- 12 days until that most loathsome of holidays. . . Valentine's Day. - No I didn't forget, not as though reminders aren't lurking around every corner.
- 47 days until Expo. Which means many things. Most prominent in my mind, though is 47 days to loose as much weight as I possibly can. Otherwise a well meaning, beloved, Asian lady will accost me at the expo telling me, "Must loose weight, Maddie must". I know she has my health in her best interest, she doesn't mean to put me down. Last year she prayed at supper (in front of most of my co-workers) that I would loose weight. Eeek!

I ended January having read 7 books. Today I started (mum and sister sigh loudly as though to say FINALLY) The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. I've heard many book ravers going on and on about this book. I guess we'll get to see what all the hubbub is about.

Watched Julie, Julia at the Library (on the big screen) and was simply delighted. I may rush to the nearest cooking school and enroll. The more movies I see Meryl Streep in the more astounded I become with her talent. She is amazing and Amy Adams is becoming quite the diverse actress. She can surely hold her ground with the best of them. I'm anxious to watch it again. I even won the drawing for Julie Powell's book. Although I'm told it leaves much to be desired. We'll see. . . eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...