Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Giving up reading what a joke!

I haven’t posted in a while. I’ve been busy trying to finish up my reading goal for October. I didn’t make it. I got so burnt out only reading books that were fast reads and not really what I wanted to read that in the end I’m happy it is over. I never thought I would say I was happy to not be reading, I think someone needs to check my forehead for a fever…maybe. The week following October 31st I didn’t read any books. I had meant to fast from reading for a month or so, but that was a lost cause. I managed a week and it was torturous. I did pack magazines when I went to Ohio and I tried reading them, but the magazines I took I really only like to look at for funky fashion stuff in it. Otherwise reading it is like listening to a bunch of prattling teenage girls talking about the latest gossip…darn near disgusting. I could feel brain cells dying off from lack of nutrient valued reading. My finished books for the month of October are below, now it is time for normal paced reading.

1. The Last of the High Kings By Kate Thompson
2. Looking For Alaska By John Green
3. 84 Charing Cross Road By Helene Hanff
4. Mind’s Eye By Paul Fleischman
5. Wolf Story By William McCleery
6. The Facts of Life and Other Lessons My Father Taught Me By Lisa Whelchel
7. An Abundance of Katherines By John Green
8. Savvy By Ingrid Law
9. The Gift of Sarah Barker By Jane Yolen
10. Let the Hurricane Roar By Rose Wilder Lane
11. Beyond the Spiderwick Chronicles (The Nixie’s Song) B.1 By T Diterlizzi & Holly Black
12. Beyond the Spiderwick Chronicles (A Giant Problem) B.2 By T Diterlizzi & Holly Black

Not the total I was hoping for, but I did try. I really liked 1, 3, 6, and 8. I could have done without John Green’s books. I read the summary for his newest book Paper Towns and thought it sounded interesting. I decided to read his other books first and yuck I didn’t like them. However, I will give him one more chance and then 3 strikes your out buddy!

I’m currently reading The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. I loved her other stuff and I am loving this book. I have about 3 chapters left that I hope to finish up tonight. Although, after finishing the book, I’ll probably be left with that hopeless feeling of oh no what to read next. That is just how good it is.

Tomorrow I have a fun blog to write! I got to get home though, cuz it’s quitting time for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...