Monday, September 17, 2012

Mundane Mondays: Pack and Play


Tomorrow I leave for Maryland, a business trip. Ergo I stayed home today for prep and relaxation. Oh the joys of beauty chores; shaving legs, painting nails, and more. Painting nails? Some weeks ago my Mum convinced me that painting my nails was the pretty thing to do. Well pretty or not, it is tedious and now so ingrained in my subconscious that at the end of a week it is time to hunt down the new color. Painted nails means no trimming of the nails and no trimming means a nail file is your new best friend. Do you realize how hard it is to do menial tasks such as texting with long nails?!? I know, I know  . . . priorities Maddie! Every time I start to complain about the text issue the ever popular meme pops up in my head, "First world problems." I shut my mouth and move on, beauty is 'pain' after all, but why oh why do I continue with it?

I should be packing, but instead I'm sitting outside writing this post. However, in the back of my mind I am compiling my 'must haves' for this trip. We are driving and I have never been to Maryland. Thus I have no clue the number of hours I will be trapped in the car. This means go prepared! Right off I know I will be packing . . . books!

  • Tam Lin by Pamela Dean - Poor thing, I've set it aside numerous times lately for affairs with other 'page turners'. It really is time to finish what I started.
  • Tiger's Destiny by Colleen Houck - Book four is finally here! I let my friend Anna borrow it to read it first, as she introduced me to the series. After some of her comments/reactions to it, I'm as anxious as ever to read it!
  • Non-fiction Nonsense - I've been basking in the arms of Fiction for . . . too long . . . I need to mix things up a bit. I'm not sure what I will grab yet.
  • Kindle - Yep the soul sucker is coming along for the ride. After a comment from someone I am now the 'proud' holder of numerous reviewer eBooks. It is time to get busy! Of course the real books hold precedence on this trip.

After books, we have the bag of goodies we like to call at my house the "Keep busy bag." It is a treasure trove of attention diverters and time passer-by helpers.

  • Journals - My soul and thoughts.
  • Notebooks - "Notebooks are for notes, not for kissing." My writing and blogging.
  • At least 2 issues of Snowboarder Magazine
  • iPod - Let's face it, me without my music is like a zombie without the sustenance of fresh brains . . . not tolerable or fun to watch. Unless of course you are watching your mortal enemies (of whom I have many, we are sure) being chased down by the brain hunger buggers. Then we are cheering them on. This is not the case, however, with a music starved me. You will be the one screaming. (insert grin)
  • Knitting - undecided
  • Possibly an issue or two of Alt Press - It just depends if  I want the added flavor.

You never know what I might toss in the bag. A girl has to be prepared for anything! Oh yes, my camera will of course accompany me. He (Calvin) has a front row seat!

I will be in Baltimore for Expo East (Natural Products Expo). I'm told this expo is the size of 3 or 4 football fields. Bring on the samples! If you are there come say hello. I'm not going to tell you what booth I am working. That would take the fun out of it. Just look for the girl with crazy long curly hair. I'm told I look like Merida from Brave. Good luck!

I wonder if Expo East has a bookstore booth . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...