Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Tattoo Tuesdays: Consider it pure joy...


Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.
James 1:2-3


Today's tattoo reminded me of the scripture above from the Bible. Not very often do I take the time to look at the struggles in my life as things to learn from and/or grow from as a person. In fact I usual throw spritiual tantrums or real ones, depending on my surroundings (oh that's why my knees were so dirty the other day). Maybe if I would take the time to 'love' these periods in my life I might realize they are serving to grow me and bring me closer to my Lord. If He didn't love me, would he stop 'paying attention' to me and just let me have it easy?



You can choose to interpret this tattoo however you like. I tend to write what strikes me the moment I see something. The scripture came to mind mere seconds after seeing the tattoo. I'm strongly considering this tattoo now for that very reason...perhaps with a byline referencing the above scripture. Brillant font by the way, very 'typewriterish' meets 'Poe-ish'.

Thanks to Pinterest for today's Tattoo Tuesdays!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...