Friday, August 22, 2008

Post Office Fascination

It may seem odd to most, but among the many simple things in life (i.e. car washes, furniture stores, and camp fires) that I like, I like the Post Office. Although it could be foreseen that the main reason I like going is because it gives me that short if not brief get away from the office that I can often need everyday. However, the Post Office is more than that. The people that work there are friendly and know me by name. I've always loved mail; I mean who doesn't enjoy running out the mailbox and running back screaming because you just received that beloved and precious piece of mail that your heart hopes for everyday. Ok so maybe I don't get out much. If I could get another job, I think I would apply at the Post Office. Let's get this straight though. I don't want to be a mail woman. They always seem grumpy and I'm not generally a grumpy person at least not to people outside of my family. I want to work at the Post Office, but for now I'm content to work where I am.
Last night I finished the book, Generation Dead by Daniel Waters. Reading the last chapter I cried...I balled my eyes out. I'm an emotional human. My family thank goodness, were not present for this spectacle. During the past few days that I've been reading this, they have been making fun of me. The book is about zombies and the cover is what my family and I deem as a fu fu book. Fu Fu books are literally fluff not really worth reading and certainly not worth the paper it is written on. However, I decided to read it because the inside cover was very intriguing to me. It was very good and not a fu fu book at all. The ending was rip your heart out good. Read it and tell me what you think. (Note: The cover aside from the girl being a zombie has nothing to do with the book, no cheerleaders present :) within the novel)


Quote of the Day:
People who lean on logic and philosophy and rational exposition end by starving the best part of the mind.
-William Butler Yeats

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...