Saturday, July 12, 2008

Patience, Raven Hair, And Other Random Thoughts For The Moment . . .

When it comes to patience I'm seriously lacking. As I sit at my home computer at 12:00 in the morning I yearn to throw something at the screen. Although I'm quite sure that wouldn't help the computer go any faster. We still have dial-up at my house . . . we live in the past :). Let's not forget that also my computer is 6 or 7 years old, ancient in the technology world. Of course sitting at the computer cannot be my only judge on poor patience skills. I'm hopelessly impatient when it comes to thinking about finding my prince charming. In fact I could write an entire list of things that I'm impatient about, but we'll move on.
This week I headed to our local Walgreen's to pick up some essential HBA items and decided it was time to torture my hair. The hair coloring I picked was dark brown. While most people I work with claim I have red hair, my family and I think otherwise. Blond, I am a blond, say it with me Maddie is a blond. Well I'm no longer a blond that is for sure. My hair is so dark it could be mistaken for black. What a shock! I have had the comments like, "Who are you I don't even recognize you?" to "Wow, Wow, Wow". I did have one person say they actually liked it. It is taking some getting use to and I'm not sure if I'll keep up with it or not. I may consider posting a picture, but no promises.
Today I finished a book, The Time of the Eagle by Sherryl Jordan. It was a very good book and the sequel to another book I read by her, Secret Sacrament. The book is about the fulfilling of a prophecy for a nation of people who have had their land stolen, have been stricken with war, and must become nomads to escape the emperor who wants their race dead. A young girl, Avala, bares the weight of having to fulfill the prophecy, the book is from her perspective. The author is one of my favorites. I really enjoyed the way in which Avala grows from an unsure girl to an amazing healer and confident young woman. The scenes that speak of their final freedom and the uniting of the other nations with Avala's actually brought goose bumps to my arms. I wish I could tell the author how much I enjoyed this book as well as her other writings, but I can't find a website for her. Maybe she will read this. Sherryl I want you to know I love your books, keep writing and I'll keep reading!
Last thought for the morning as it is now almost 1 am. For some time I have wanted to make a passport wallet that I found instructions for in Adorn Magazine. However, every time I go to their site something is wrong with it. I did happen to find the designers store front on an online store where you can buy and sell handmade things, it's called [URL="http://www.etsy.com/]. I'm hoping I can maybe buy one from her. I also became a member while browsing the site.
An appropriate quote for this post is:
All human wisdom is summed up in two words - wait and hope.
- Alexander Dumas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...